Tuesday 18 August 2015

It's Funny

What’s it like to be human
asked the bird
I don’t really know
to be imprisoned in one’s skin
but reach for infinity
to be captive to a particle of time
but to touch eternity
to be hopelessly uncertain
and a fool of hope
to be a needle of trust
and a handful of heat
to breathe in air
choke without a word
to be aflame
and have a nest of ashes
to eat bread
and be full up with hunger
to die without love
and to love through death
It’s funny said the bird
flying off into air lightly


Anna Kamienska


4 comments:

  1. I loved reading this! I try to just do my own thing on my blog, but it's nice to have people who inspire you when you're just starting out!

    http://musclematrixsolutionsreview.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Surya! Best of luck with your blog...have fun with it.

      Delete
  2. thank for this great poet i realy enjoy it

    ReplyDelete